Saturday, August 14, 2010

Not over Homecoming yet.....

If only I could move the tree out of the way.....see the little deer out the window. The little guy still has his spots.
He was very tiny.
We've been having frequent deer sightings. Pretty much everyday.
And then, sometimes, we see some of these guys. (It was a family outing.)
Follow me, children.
My new technique for cutting impromptu visits a little shorter (not that I mind...): Take the naked baby to the door with you.

I'll just keep rolling till I run into something.
Sometimes....I don't get as far.
A late evening for the little one.


Finally.....something to gnaw on.
"Rachel, I saw you at the parade."

"That's right, Nancy, I was the parade."

That's what happens when you arrive at 10:05 for a 10:00 parade. Fat chance getting a giant stroller down a packed sidewalk. So I took to the street. Some dark sunglasses would have come in handy then.


Future Summer and her pet. Give us three years or so.

Me and my octopus....off to see the parade!

Doused her with sunscreen (baby kind), including the hair, and when her hair was wet....I thought it looked orange again. Scott = not convinced, or possibly in denial ("I like the blond hair.")

(Was hoping to keep her cool with the water bottle.)

And here we have the truck with the Bastrop head coach and the Cedar Creek head coach. And in the back, captains, maybe for the Bastrop Bears football team and the Cedar Creek Eagles. In case the photo isn't clear, I shall explain. Cedar Creek - my new obsession since that is Bambi's possible future school district. I'm trying to figure out if it appears to be a classy place. So we have the coaches, that's fine, then my eyes fall upon two skinny white kids in blue t-shirts (Cedar Creek) and I think to myself "ah....high schoolers are smaller than I remembered." And then shift four feet. Two giant black boys. Sharp looking jerseys. Maroon. Bastrop Bears. At which point I say to the universe "Point taken." Things were looking bleak for Bambi's future school district. (Since this is the world capital of football, school districts are judged by their football programs.)
(Nice timing with my photography - the headless horses.)
Back home to my swing.
And Daddy!! (He was working during the parade.)
Tried to move the octopus out of the way for the photo, then I realized...that is what she's gnawing on.

Reunited with dear sweet Lamb after she (Lamb) got a little bath. This is a very happy moment.



Mom, what are you doing under the table? (Oh yeah....we live in a small place.)

1 comment:

Grandma said...

Never get tired of seeing new pictures; can you see me smiling and feel the love in my heart?

Love
Ohio Grandma