Saturday, August 7, 2010

Welcome to Bastrop

(Put this one here so you'd have a happy picture to open up to.)
So it's Bastrop's annual Homecoming and Rodeo. This week they had exhibition rodeo events - Friday and Saturday night were the real thing.
We stopped by on Thursday night to check it out.
They were doing calf roping while we were there. The most interesting part was how fast the cowboys jump off their horse. And how the cool the horses are...planting their feet and keeping the rope tight. (See the horse above...)
Bambi watched the events....warily. My attention span waned, and I decided to do some self-portraits. (I know.)
Whoa....easy with the zoom.
This one turned out to be my best....mostly because we see Scott in the background. (What is she doing?)
Anyway, enough of that. Same photo again. This is Bambi saying, I wonder what happens when I pull on this cord.
Mom, take the picture....all the blood is running to mah head.
I'm such a little thang on this big couch.
I'm not telling who pulled the cat's tail.
So the next time someone tells you they hit a tree....it was right in the middle of the road, Officer.

1 comment:

Grandma Mouse said...

Wow, you DO live in Texas...with a real rodeo and all! How exciting! Loved the pictures and the COMMENTARY!!

You did pretty well at your self-pictures. I'd say that was a favorite, too!

It was so fun to open up new pictures again today. This is so neat!