Saturday, February 5, 2011

Blizzard 2011

The view out our back door yesterday.
That's real live snow! Scott had a snow day! It was so fun!
Out of boredom the other day I turned on talk radio. (Ah, this is what has been missing in my life - talk radio - the sarcasm, the drama!) Main discussion was, of course, "Blizzard 2011". This is the worst timing ever (you know on talk radio everything is the end of the world) for the state of Texas mostly because we're hosting the "big game" tomorrow, and we can't have bad weather. Tuesday and Wednesday this week were dreadfully cold and windy. We had rolling blackouts - not enough power for everyone running their little heaters full blast. Of course, some places are exempt from the blackouts....like hospitals and nursing homes and....Cowboys Stadium. (This made some people mad.) And....to top it all off, President Perry is out of town and no one knew where he was. (That would be the guv'nah.....who wears a derringer in his boot. I'm totally on his bandwagon. He wants to run for president....it's worked in the past (George W)). Anyway, speaking of the big game, it's too hard for me to pass up an opinion on this one, could there be a more boring matchup? If only there was some way they both could lose. Ha ha ha. (Okay, I take it back already, I shouldn't wish bad on people.....)
Here's something better to talk about. How about that little tummy sticking out? Hilarious.
Playing with her toys. Oh, I forgot to mention. Snow yesterday, so far today, I think the temperature is up to 51 and very sunny!
Not sure if the little bunny is too big for diaper only pictures, but I thought she was cute.
I don't think she's figured out riding toys yet. It's kinda more of seat right now.
Loves her talking tea pot.
Hello friends! (I love how Scott looks so tired in this picture..."Seriously, how many times do I have to pour out this tea pot for the bebe?" It makes sound effects.)
Since I don't have any caption for this picture, I would tell more stories, but there's not much to tell lately. We made more changes to our house plans, hoping they will be totally done soon. Finished all of our taxes yesterday while Scott was home. That was awesome!
And....here's that armadillo carcass we saw the other day. Guess there's not much left of it. Maybe next time I'll post a picture of the scorpion I found in a glue trap in our bathroom (scary, I know). His tail is all stretched out and looks scary. For some reason, it's been really amusing to me, and I decided to save the trap to show anyone who's interested (which does not include Scott - "Seriously, get rid of that thing.")

3 comments:

Me and Mine said...

You do such a good job of posting pictures. I love them all! Give the little birthday girl a big fat kiss from her Aunt Tonia! Jody had a great idea the other day that we all fly down and knock on your door this morning and have a birthday party! Was a really great idea... Not really to feasible right now, but a great idea... XOXOXOXOXOXO

Grandma Mouse said...

Wow, so YOU had a blizzard!! I'm not sure they would have let us off work for such a gigantic blizzard!! I would say that we had a "Texas-size" blizzard here! (And I did get the day off work). I loved all the pictures. I'll be looking for #1 and cake pictures soon!! Thanks for posting these!

Grandma said...

Funny how WE get the Texas size blizzards..excited to receive the announcement. Waiting to see more birthday girl pictures. Keep up the great work keeping us 'involved' in your lives. Love it.