Saturday, February 19, 2011

Texas (better able to handle the heat than the cold)

A summer-themed birthday cake for the birthday girl.
My island = recently hit by a hurricane.
So here's Summer right before her big dive into the cake.
And this was seconds later. She had no interest in getting messy.
(This might be the saddest picture we have of her yet. Very heartbreaking. But she's cheered up since then.)
Opening some presents.
A new book.
Showing off her new sunglasses. (She got these sunglasses from a friend at church who she always like to pull of his glasses. So now she has her own pair.)
Yep, one of these days I'm going to take off walking.
Would you like some water?
Ahh, for all of my effort, this was all of the cake that was consumed. (The rest went into the trash...)
Loves the singing snowglobe that she got in the mail from Grandma H.
Give it back to me. I just want to hold it.
So....this is a familiar sight some days. I decided to take a picture because I didn't know what else to do.
So anyway, got the power bill the other day and promptly got up and turned off the heater. It's been very warm this week, so I finally went around and opened all our windows. Went to Wal-Mart and decided that Texas is much better equipped for the heat than for the cold. Air-conditioner was blasting inside the store. A few weeks ago, every check-out person was wearing scarves and gloves and the whole bit. Going out and about during the cold here is pretty miserable because I'm suspicious that a lot of these places don't even have furnaces.
(Feed me, people!)
So a bunch of Summer's shirts were stained like this one. The other day Scott asked what size she wore before he left for work. I was suspicious what he was up to, but turns out he stopped at Target on his way home and bought his little doll some new clothes.
I'll post pictures of the new clothes he picked out soon.
In other news, stacking cups are about Summer's favorite toys. Or maybe it's just because I like to make towers out of them, and she loves to knock them down.
Oh....here is one of the new outfits that Papa picked out. I didn't get a great picture of this one.
There it is again.
This was when she was trying to chase Penelope out the back door.
Penelope won. Summer got distracted.


Happy Valentine's Day!


Loves the phone. Hasn't called 911 yet.
To finish my conversation about the big game: It looks like the commercials were probably the best part of the game this year. The Packers have way too many grievious sins in their recent past for me to be happy to see them prosper. (I haven't forgotten what you did.)
Anyway, an encouraging thought to end on:

1 comment:

Grandma Mouse said...

Oh how fun to see the new pictures!! I'm glad to see that Summer got to have a summer cake!!! Not all of us get to have such a personalized cake! (I'm pretty sure I don't want a sherry(i) cake!). I love the way she sits! I'm getting so excited about coming down in a few weeks!! We certainly haven't needed the air conditioner here, but I'm glad if you need it!! Thanks for the great pictures!!