Friday, February 1, 2013

Getting away with something big

 Uploading these photos makes me realize that I am getting worse and worse with both blogging and taking pictures of the babies.  Tsk.  Tsk.  Mostly I blame the pictures part on the camera, which is very near death.  Interesting: we passed the seven year mark (8 years in January!) and are still married (Praise the Lord!), but right around this time, it seems like all of our stuff is dying.  I'll spare the very lame story about the computer death, that we should have let die and replace instead of trying to get repaired.  I feel like we always choose the wrong answer when it comes to repairing or replacing something (the Jeep comes to mind....).
 Anyway, the big thang that I feel like we are getting away with is skipping winter.  For the second year in a row.  The first year we were here, it was pretty cold.   Milder than what we were used to but cold anyway.  Last year was mild everywhere, and this winter is sneaking by and it's been very warm.
 I'm thankful for that!  And especially thankful that it's February already.  The new baby has about three weeks to go, but if s/he doesn't wait that long, that's fine too.  It would be fine if the baby was born today.  (Theoretically, I mean, from the perspective that it would be cool to not be pregnant, but on the other hand, I have no idea how we're going to handle three of these kids.)
 Neither does Lexi.  She's scowling at me.....like always.  It's cute when she eats yogurt like this, and fine because I am so used to giant messes in the kitchen.  It was less charming when I went to the bathroom at work the other day, and as I was walking out noticed that I had yogurt on my shoulder/back.
 I have been thinking about getting Summer a short haircut.  She hates getting her hair combed - it's such a battle everyday, and she hates ponytails, etc., most of the time, and her hair gets so tangled.  Lexi's hair is slippery - not a problem (shorter too, of course).  (Summer = feeling very serious here)
 (Maybe I should think about taking down the Christmas stuff before the baby is born.....otherwise it might still be there this summer.)  Random fact:  around our house, I never use the word "summer" to describe the season because it confuses Summer.  We always just say "when it gets warm again"....which is also kinda confusing.
One of their favorite toys.  They usually call this tunnel their rainbow.  Today it was a slide (not so successful).
 This picture just happened a few minutes ago.  Scott was going to take Summer to bed, and then he came back and got me and said 'come here', and there was Summer, sound asleep on her bed.  Sweet little thing.  (Normally getting her to sleep is a long process.)
 She looks like such a sweet baby with that bottle.
Oh, one last thing, continuing with my same deal from last time.  One day recently Lexi was being crazy, and I said to Summer "Where did Lexi come from?"  Summer did not disappoint.  She said "Lexi came from Illinois."  This really cracked me up, what is that, some kind of Texas insult?  I have no idea.
Anyway, otherwise life is pretty normal.  Lexi has been saying a lot more words - which is cute, funny, and surprising to me.  Mostly because Summer didn't talk much until much later in life.  We've been spending our time lazing around (me) and going to the park and occasionally the library.  (These are quick trips, because Summer has proven that she can pull out dozens of books within seconds.)  Summer's finger is getting better.  I held her hands up next to each other, and it doesn't look like that finger will be shorter than the same finger on her other hand.  (Did I make it clear that the top part of her finger was hacked off?)  So anyway, it's really amazing at how it's healing.  Maybe I'll post an "after" picture someday or something.  For now, she is down to only band-aids on it, which is great, and especially great because she gets two pink Hello Kitty band-aids that make her so happy.  (I'm not sure she wants it to heal completely.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, your girls are getting so big!

Love, Amber R.