Friday, May 28, 2010

Some Firsts....

Our little redhead's sitting up like a big kid.
Once wasn't enough. (For some reason these pictures make me laugh.)

Okay, here's the first of the firsts: Summer is turning halfway over. She likes to lay on her side - no interest in turning the rest of the way over.

The second first: Likes playing with her toys.

We predict the blue eyes will last.

The next first: Our first snake. Scott was mowing and saw a snake, so he got a shovel and went to get him. Took a swing...doink. This guy is plastic. Yeah, yeah, I know, he looks like the fakest snake ever, but....why would there be a fake snake under the tree? Turns out Miss Nancy (our 85-year old neighbor) put it there to scare birds out of the fig tree.

This is such a classic Scott & Summer photo. (He was taking the photo....tickling her toes, one of their favorite things to do together.)

Hugging her little orange friend. (She does the bug eyes when we use the flash.)

I was expecting a delivery the other day, and I randomly went out to check if it came yet, and I found this lady on our porch. (It aint Penelope!) This cat hangs around our yard sometimes. I've had several double-take moments - how did Penelope get outside? Their faces look very different though. I would post a picture of Pen, but she's hiding under the bed right now, I believe.
Interesting insect we found outside. (Maybe a southern version of a praying mantis?)
My big first: Saw my first snake! A real one. On the evening jog last night. Thought it was a branch in someone's driveway at first, but I turned to look back. Yep. Holding it's head up at first, but as I stood watching it, it turned away and slithered off. I hate snakes as much as everyone else in the world but it was pretty interesting to see slithering along. It was about two and a half feet long or so but skinny. Don't think it was a rattlesnake.
Ah yes, the other first: Summer's haircut. Only a little piece where she got something stuck in it.

2 comments:

Me and Mine said...

Love that you keep all the pictures coming. Makes me miss you guys a little less. Summer is getting so big. Such a pretty little girl! Blue eyes and red hair, great combo! Love you all! XOXOXOX

Sherri said...

It's so fun snaking through these pictures!! (Thankfully, it's just pictures!!). Amazing to watch Summer grow...she is such a doll! Her eyes are beautiful!

Thanks for posting these! I'm always so thrilled to see new postings!

Lots of love & hugs to all!