Thursday, June 23, 2011

Don't be alarmed!

Ah, the house is looking a little different. It's a little alarming like this, will look better when the other dormers and stuff are in place.
So we found a flaw in the house plans. Ooops. Totally my fault.
It gets kinda tricky looking at the plans and remembering that the ceilings upstairs are sloping, etc. Anyway, we had a vanity against a bathroom wall that is only 5.5 feet tall. Doesn't work so great to put a mirror above it when there are people in the house taller than 5.5 feet (that does not include me or Summer).
So anyway, the end of the story is that we moved the stuff around in the bathroom and actually gained a built in cabinet (on the attic side, that's what's cool about story and a half houses). Nice. That solved our problem of no linen closet with that bathroom.
So anyway, I'll put this incident away in my "God provides for idiots" file.

The front will look a lot different when there's a porch roof between the first and second story. In the back, the big opening is another patio door going out to the deck. Apparently the first rafter was also placed today.
Clouds in the sky. We got rain Wednesday night. Not a lot, but we did lose 30 degrees yesterday. It was 75 degrees when Summer and I were at the park.

Playing at home. Felt like I needed more Summer pictures to make everything more interesting. So I started clicking. And then life got more interesting........

A while ago, I read that babies are supposed to start self-feeding at this age.

I thought 'what a mess' and 'how annoying', but she was reaching for the spoon, and I finally thought 'she needs to learn sometime'. So anyway, this is how it went.

What is this stuff?

Ah, easier to eat like the kitty.

And with fingers.

Face first.

Actually, this works great as a toy.

Play hide and seek with it.

Get some yogurt in my hair.

Okay, now I'm tired of it!

Get it away from me!

Rescue me!

Rescue me!

No comments: